Wednesday, October 3, 2012

On Lurking...

Perhaps I am an old stickler. I was raised that if one had something to say one stood by it - or one kept one's thoughts and opinions to oneself.

I cannot deny that I am a loud-mouth with many opinions. I can be as abrasive as all hell, too. Probably any number of other equally unflattering things could be added and say it as you will - there remains one single truth throughout.

If I think it - I put my name on it.
If I say it - I put my name on it.
If I act it - I put my name on it.

At least, in that way - ALWAYS - anyone can confront me because they know exactly where any of my actions or opinions have come from.

I know it would be asking a little too much of most people to afford me the same courtesy: by all means and please - do tell me your opinions. Belabour me with your thoughts. Yell, stand on your head - scream it form any old rooftop - but show your face and give your name.

There is something suspiciously horrible and infinitely insecure about people who will make noise - even when they do not necessarily have all the facts at hand - especially when they do not - and will not own their opinions. It's sneaky. Its cowardly.

Seriously, people - bring it on - I have openly offered up my contact email, although most of you know where to and how to contact me anyway - but not one of you is brave enough to write to me or speak with me "face to face",so to speak. Shame on you.

If I felt I could be arsed with this, I could drill down through all the info I am getting and find a few "names" to attempt to broach a conversation with - take today only, as a for-instance:

I know I am being visited by people using Habari in Arusha - 7 people using Habari, in fact, have visited this site today.
I have been viewed by 3 people using a 3G VODA card,, someone from Kampala has popped in no fewer than 3 times today already and, not to make too fine a point on it, some 5 other folk have also come to have a look.

I can locate almost as-near-as-dammit where many of the visitors are originating from and what machines they are using to scan this blog...

So, I know some stuff.....had I the time and the inclination, I could  narrow it down to more direct information. I can't be bothered.

I am sick and tired of the crap that has come out of all of this: people were hurt and some very nastily. Death threats were blatantly made, vicious attacks on people's sexuality were made - and all of these have been protested against by the blogger calling herself Acerbic Arushan as being 100% genuine.

What a load of unmitigated and venomous bullshit. And, in my opinion, all the worse because AA hides behind a facade as "she" hurls vitriol and abuse at people.

It remains that some people will stick to their guns in negative opinion of me - there is nothing I can nor wish to do about that. Others will hold their peace until they have more information to go on - and that's as it ought to be. Some will agree with me - yes, it's true. And maybe, just maybe, when all this is over - some will find the courage to talk openly and honestly with me.

I do not need to defend myself.

I promised at some point in the whole debacle that I would find out who the AA was - I told her directly. She taunted me on it (along with death threats to me and my husband,inter alia). I promised AA on her blog (and again on this one) that I would not put her name out into the public air.

I still have NOT done so.

AA knows this and knows I know this.

Any information anyone has "out there" from which people are now building sides and spewing crap over has not originated with me. Everyone has the right to privacy until such time as it is deemed otherwise by powers greater than me - should it ever be deemed so.

I have to finish by saying that, in large part, I don't care about the nastiness of some people: it does not come as surprise. It would be surprising if there was none.

In small part, for those who have the common sense to not take sides nor form opinion so quickly, it is with the utmost sincerity that I insist that I have not deliberately set out to catch a "thief" by pinning it on someone - as the rumour mills would have it. Nor have I deliberately set against any one person "because I suspect my husband of having an affair with that person" - again as rumour would have it: which rumour most definitely did not hit the airwaves from me.

I am obsessive about fairness - which is why I got involved in the first instance. It bothered me beyond countenance that someone could so brutalise people whilst hiding away.

Enough.

I am truly tired and sick of all this. It will all be as it will be - in the long end of it.




No comments: